Peruvian Women Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
31 July 2005
Congratulations to the 8 Peruvian women nominated for the 2005 Nobel Peace Prize. They are:
- Maria Cleofé Sumire López founded the Andean Women's Association (AMA).
- Felícitas Estela Linares Meneses founded the Communication and Environment Institute (Icma).
- Angélica Mendoza Almeida - National Association of Families of the Disappeared
- Carmen Rosa Campos Mendoza, poverty campaigner
- Virginia (Gina) Vargas Valente, Flora Tristán Women’s Centre
- Hilaria Supa Huamán, campaigner for the rights of agricultural workers
- María Luisa Alvarez Llave, co-founder of the Union of Cusco
- Pilar Coll Torrente, works for the National Coordinator of Human Rights